In the heart of downtown Portland.
History of the North Pacific Bldg
Originally the Fitzpatrick Building, the North Pacific was designed by Houghtaling & Dougan and built for T.M. Fitzpatrick in 1922. The same architects also designed the Elks Temple at 614 SW 11th, the Medical Arts at 1020 SW Taylor and the Studio Bldg at 919 SW Taylor.
The building sits on a traingular block created by the juncture of the Portland Plat and Couch’s Addition on West Burnside. The structural system combines a reinforced concrete frame with a wood floor system. The exterior is faced with buff-colored brick and features decorative terra cotta baskets and urns. Spiral columns accent the corners.
In 1969 the building was sold by the Fitzpatrick heirs to Ralph Williams, a local business leader, for $100,000. We acquired and renovated the building in 1999, just prior to the build-out of the Brewery Blocks and the streetcar line. We completed a further renovation in 2013, restoring more of the original features and installing new heat and cooling systems.
For more information:
Henry Kofron: 503-939-3201
No space available at this time.