Historic Paramount Pictures Building.
History of The Film Exchange
Built in 1930, the Film Exchange comprises 6 separate but attached buildings, each of which housed local distribution and ancillary services for a different Hollywood studio – Paramount, Warner, Fox, RKO and Columbia. Each studio had their own 40-seat screening room and 4 explosion proof concrete film vaults.
With the advent of the jet plane, the need for Film Exchanges in each region disappeared in the 1960’s and the building suffered for several decades. We acquired the Film Exchange in 2010 and finished the phased redevelopment in 2013.
The Spanish colonial style – stucco exterior, barrel tile roof – reflects the building’s original use. The nearly 1000 feet of building perimeter allows tons of windows and skylights, and each office or shop has its own front door. Each unit has its own restroom and individually controlled heating and cooling.
For more information:
Henry Kofron: 503-939-3201
No space available at this time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for updates